As a premium high street fashion retailer with over 400 stores throughout the UK and Southern Ireland, in addition to a strong presence in department stores and external businesses, Wallis is the first choice for women who want to showcase their personalities by building a wardrobe packed with pieces that celebrate spot-on design and simple-but-effective versatility. For us, great fashion comes down to one thing - making our customers look and feel a million dollars all day, every day.
From formal office attire and directional day wear, through to glamorous evening dresses and chic casuals, Wallis specialises in head-turning attire for all occasions.
In fact, we’ve always prided ourselves on knowing what our customers want. We started out selling coats for 43s/6d and dresses for 19 shillings and by the 1940s we’d expanded to 25 shops in London and were at the forefront of innovative design at affordable prices. During the 1950s and 1960s the Wallis team were invited to the Houses of Chanel and Dior to re-create the masterpieces of haute couture design for the high street customer. Today Wallis continues to provide up-to-date interpretations of the season’s key fashion trends with quality and value at the helm.
DID YOU KNOW...
- Wallis was founded in 1923 Wallis by Raphael Nat Wallis who chose Chapel Market, Islington as the brand’s birthplace.
- Marking its status as a brand with universal appeal, 2001 saw Wallis roll-out internationally, opening new stores in Malaysia and Singapore.
- Wallis has supported Cancer Research UK for several years, raising vital funds for research and treatment development in the fight against cancer. Following the success of a charity charm bracelet in 2005, we unveiled a range of charm necklaces designed by the likes of Scarlett Johansson, Victoria Beckham and Kate Moss in 2007. Needless to say, given the level of interest in the venture, the necklaces weren’t around for long – which is exactly the result we’d hoped for.
- In 2006 we launched Limited Edition, a premium range of fashion-forward pieces designed for customers looking to introduce directional pieces into their wardrobes. Unsurprisingly, many styles sold out on the first day proving that once again our clever design team is worth its weight in gold.
- In 2009 Wallis teamed up with the legendary '80s Supermodel Yasmin Le Bon to create three capsule collections. The collaboration was a phenomenal success with Yasmin Le Bon fronting the advertising campaign and working with the in-house design team to create collections in luxurious fabrics with cutting edge designs.
- In 2010 we revisited our archives and selected key designs to recreate for today’s customer. Our 1923 heritage collection launched with a collection of coats inspired by the decades. This was followed by a hugely successful ‘50s prom dress collection for Spring 11 and an October 2011 collection of decadent '20s dresses and classic '60s tailoring.