All our suppliers are required to sign up to our animal welfare declaration as part of their factory set up. Our internet-based test report system automatically reminds suppliers of our animal welfare policy when they are asked to supply goods made from animal sources. In addition, further confirmations will be put in place by our new ethical audit database (Valid8). This will include reinforcing our ban on wool from producers that use mulesing as part of their animal husbandry strategies.
Our existing policy also states that Arcadia Group expects suppliers to adhere to the following sourcing standards:
- leathers, skins and feathers must only be obtained as a by-product and not be the sole purpose of the slaughter of an animal;
- no products in full or part are to be sourced from endangered species from the CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species) or IUCN (International Union for the Conservation of Nature) lists;
- angora, real fur or pelts are not to be used on any products supplied to Arcadia Group;
- leathers should not be obtained while an animal is alive;
- feathers should not be plucked from live animals; and
- Arcadia Group branded cosmetics, and their ingredients, must not be tested on animals.