CLEMENTS RIBEIRO REVEAL THE PLUS SIZE AMBASSADORS FOR THEIR SS13 'HOLIDAY' COLLECTION FOR EVANS.
The Swan collection has evolved and Evans are excited to be working with five of the leading UK and US plus size bloggers to front their campaign for 2013. Clements Ribeiro have moved the Swan collection forward by designing a collection with a kitsch element that is anchored on sporty day wear staples in graphic and playful prints. There is a nod to Surrealism and has been inspired by their travels, in particular a visit to the Prada/Schiappareli exhibition in New York.
They have developed a curve conscious range that is versatile, colourful and fun by mixing in key holiday items which can be worn from beach to bar. Fun graphic prints are featured on motif sweatshirts and Hersey dresses, while stand out pieces include quirky animal graphics, such as a lobster on a sweatshirt dress and a zebra head on a striped jersey tunic, through to a lip print shirt dress and hand painted heart swimsuit.
To help promote the collection Evans and Clements Ribeiro enlisted the most stylish and influential personalities within the plus-size blogosphere. UK bloggers Georgina Horne, Bethany Rutter and Callie Thorpe have been photographed alongside Nicolette Mason and Marie Denee from the US, to showcase the clothes on differing shapes, provide powerful inspiration and give a statement of the relevance of plus size voices in the world of fashion.
Commenting on the collection, Inacio Ribeiro says: "After three collections in which we tried to create smart capsule wardrobes, including some serious eveningwear, we decided to come with a surprise turn by creating a holiday range that is playful and easy. The shapes are very casual and straightforward and the prints are full of wit. It is infused with the urban energy the bloggers inspired us with, but also ready for a week of fun in Rio."
Evans believes in creating an inclusive community and working in a collaborative way to showcase the best of what we do to our customer. We hope our latest Swan collection campaign encourages further conversation around the ongoing fashion shape debate.
- Ends -
Notes to Editors:
- The Clements Ribeiro Swan SS13 collection for Evans will be available exclusively in selected stores and online at evans.co.uk and also on our international sites in Germany evansmode.de and the US evansusa.com from May 2013.
- Sizes range from 14-32
- Prices start from £35-£60
- Evans is the leading fashion retailer for women a size 14-32, with over 300 outlets nationwide, over 80 stores worldwide and an online business at evans.co.uk
- Evans images can be downloaded at fashiongps.com/arcadia
- Customer enquiries: 0845 121 4516
If you require further details on the bloggers visit their blogs at the addresses below:
- Bethany Rutter - archedeyebrow.com/
- Georgina Horne - fullerfigurefullerbust.wordpress.com/
- Callie Thorpe - fromthecornersofthecurve.blogspot.co.uk/
- Marie Denee - thecurvyfashionista.mariedenee.com/
- Nicolette Mason - nicolettemason.com
For further information please contact:
Head of Press - Saskia Osmond-Evans
020 7291 2706
Senior Press Officer - Tom Doran
Follow Evans at: